From The Logic Museum
According to Google translator
The Catholic Friars Minor (St. Immaculate Conception) at Kolping place in Cologne, is a church building from the 13th Century. It is used today by the Friars Minor and the Kolping Society.
Contents [hide] 1 History Grave 2 times 3 Organ 4 bells 5 References 6 Literature 7 External links
History  In the typical design for Franziskaner this time it was created as an elongated Gothic building. From 1245 to about 1260 built the early Gothic choir, the three-aisled nave in the 14th Century completed.
Occupied as from 1794 revolution troops Cologne, the church served as a store and fell into disrepair, was lifted after the expulsion of the Franciscans, the Cologne province of the Napoleonic occupation in 1804 and rebuilt in 1929, she took the poor administration of the city of Cologne in 1808 as part of the secularization Hospital as a hospital and church.
1846 she went as an annex of the Cologne cathedral church became the property of the chapter. In 1850 she told Archbishop Geissel for confirmation and consecration of the Church Archdiocese of Cologne, combined with an exterior renovation, which lasted until 1862. The merchant Johann Heinrich Richartz (1795-1861), who built on the grounds of the Franciscan frühereren Wallraf-Richartz-Museum, donated, 40,000 dollars for the renovation of the church. The interior renovation of the business in 1862 as rector of the Minoritenkirche used Adolph Kolping lavish fundraising. Since 1849, the newly formed Kolping Cologne journeyman club had used the church as an association Minoritenkirche, so now through the personal union of the General President of the journeymen's associations and the Rector of the Minoritenkirche was laid the foundation for future connection.
During World War II fire destroyed the church, the vaults and parts of the southern nave lost. The reconstruction was completed by the Kolping 1958th
2009/10, the church was extensively restored for 1.85 million euros, including the entire roof with roof lights. The main part of the cost contributed the archdiocese. New in the church is especially a glass crucifix by the Düsseldorf artist Thomas Kesseler, which hovers above the altar in the choir, and a bust alongside Kolping his grave.
From the cloister of the Minorite the tracery of the west wing has received. He is now integrated into the building of the Museum of Applied Arts.
Grave times  John Duns Scotus and Adolph Kolping, both of which were beatified by John Paul II, are buried here and on the nail immortalized in 2006 by sculptor Paul-designed portal doors.
Organ  In 1997 a new organ, the organ builder Romanus Seifert & Son (Kevelaer) was inaugurated. The instrument has 44 stops on three manuals and pedal. The key action is mechanical, the electrical stop actions. The swell is equipped with machines Barker. 
On the Scottishness of Scotus
Whatever the names may have meant in earlier centuries, we find that at the time of our Doctor the names Scotland and Ireland were quite distinct in meaning. This appears from various documents, among which is the famous scroll of the year 1303 in which we read the names of the Franciscans who refused to sign the petition of King Philip the Fair against Pope Boniface VIII. In this document, side by side with our Doctor, who is named Friar John, Scot, we find Friar Richard, Irish, Friar Odo, Irish, and Friar Thomas, English.
Duns Scotus himself clearly distinguishes Scotland from Ireland when he writes: "The seas flow more rapidly the nearer they are to the ocean, like the northern seas, especially the sea between Norway and Scotland, and between Ireland and Spain." Since the term Scotia minor, at the time of Duns Scotus, no longer distinguished Scotland from Ireland (Scotia maior), but Scotia simply meant what we call Scotland today, and since the earliest documents agree that John was born "in Scotia," it follows that we must seek his birthplace in that country, and not elsewhere.
Among the more important sources the first place belongs to codex 137 of the Municipal Library of Assisi, a manuscript which preserves the mediaeval critical edition of the Ordinatio of Duns Scotus, compiled about 1325 and based on the text corrected by Scotus in his own hand. Here we find the first book on the Sentences "of Friar John of Duns, a Scot, of the Order of Friars Minor".
Luke Wadding asserts that Scotus was born in Dun, an ancient city in the north of Ireland, and that Duns is only a contracted form of the adjective Dunensis or Dunius. Similarly Father Bertoni affirms that John was born at "Downs, in the province of Ulster". "Thomas Dempster is very annoyed with the Irish who assert that Duns is a contracted form of Dunensis, but do not produce any codex where that contraction can be found."
From Allan Wolter's introduction to Philosophical Writings: A Selection.
"The most likely account of his birthplace is found in Scotist John (Mair) Major's history of his native Scotland, published in 1521, based on an even earlier tradition".
- John Duns, that subtle doctor,was a Scottish Briton, for he was born at Duns, a village eight miles distant from England, and separated from my own home by seven or eight leagues only. When he was no more than a boy, but had been already grounded in grammar, he was taken by two Scottish Minorite friars to Oxford, for at that time there existed no university in Scotland. By the favour of those friars he lived in the convent of the Minorites at Oxford, and he made his profession in the religion of Blessed Francis. As he was a man of the Loftiest understanding and the keenest powers in debate, his designation of 'the subtle' was fully justified. At Oxford he made such progress that he left behind him for the admiration of after ages a monumental work upon the Metaphysics and four books of the Sentences. These writings of his are commonly called the English or Oxford work. When he was afterwards summoned by the Minorites of Paris to that city, he produced there another set of lectures on the Sentences, more compendious than that first edition, and at the same time more useful. These lectures we have but lately caused to be printed with metal types. In the end he went to Cologne, and there died while still a young man.
"The fact that in the manuscripts he is called both 'John Duns" and 'John of Duns" suggests that Duns is his family name as well as the place of his birth. In choosing 1966 for the International Congress to commemorate the seventh centenary of that event, and in raising a cairn near the Pavilion Lodge of the Duns castle on the outskirts of the town of Duns in Berwickshire and a statue of John in the town's Public Park, scholars honored a long tradition not only as to the site of his birth but approximately when it occurred. The more specific details of his parentage, his early schooling at Haddington and the story of his entry into the Franciscan order, however, as found in the so-called Tweedy transcription of the Chronicle of the Scottish Franciscans preserved in the eighteenth century Monasticon Scotianum by Marianus Brockie, os.b., can no longer be trusted.
See also The Smithy (August 16, 2012) on the same subject.
- ↑ A History of Greater Britain as well England as Scotland Compiled from the Ancient Authorities by John Major, by name indeed a Scot, but by profession a Theologian. Translated from the original Latin by Archibald Constable (Edinburgh, 1892), pp. 206-207
- ↑ 2. H. Docherty, "The Brockie Forgeries." The Innes review 16(1965). pp. 79-127; idem, "The Brockie MSS. and Duns Scotus." De doctrina Ioannis Duns Scoti (Acta Congressus Scotistici Internationalis Oxonii et Edimburgi 11-17 Sept. 1966 celebrati), I (Romae. 1968). pp. 329-60.