Authors/Duns Scotus/Quaestiones in Librum Porphyrii Isagoge
From The Logic Museum
The Franciscan Institute
- B. Ioannis Duns Scoti. Quaestiones in Librum Porphyrii Isagoge; Quaestiones super Praedicamenta Aristotelis, edited by R. Andrews, G. Etzkorn, G. Gál, R. Green, T. Noone, and R. Wood, Opera Philosophica 1 (St. Bonaventure, N.Y.: The Franciscan Institute Press, 1999).
The twelve MSS collated for the Isagoge text were:
- A = Berlin Staatsbibl._lat._Phil._1700
- B = Brussels bibl. Royale 2908 (14310-12)
- D = Leipzig bibl. Univ. 1351
- E = Oxford. Balliol. 291
- F = Oxford Bodleian 643
- G = Oxford Bodleian Rawls D.235
- H = Oxford Bodleian Savile [given as 'Seville'!] 18
- K = Oxford Magdalen Coll. 162
- L = Rome coll. S. Isidori 1/14
- N = Vat._Lat._870
- Q = Vat._lat._3092
- R = Vat._lat._9402
A, B, D, E, G, K, L, N, Q, R were collated for the Categories text.
The MSS not collated for the Isagoge text were:
- C = Cremona bibl. civit. 6
- P = Prague bibl. Capit. M.82
- M = Upsala bibl. Univ. C.627
- J = Vat. Lat. 2155
- S = Venice._S._Marco._284
- T = Tarragona bibl. munic. 111
- U = Florentiae._B._Nat._Laurenziana._Ashburnham._1001
- W = Oxford. Bodl. e Mus. 167
- [V = Cambridge Jesus Coll. 72]
- [X = Padua bibl. Antoniana 407]
- [Y = Oxford Magdalen Coll. 38]
P, S, T, U were also rejected for the Categories text.
- Wadding 1639 I.
- ↑ According to Andrews, this manuscript is tentatively dated to around 1325, nearly twenty years after Scotus's death, making it the earliest manuscript of any of Scotus's logical works.